Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sunday Saunter

Rode out to Mattapoisett beginning where the Phoenix Bike Path paved section ends and the undeveloped rail section has been worn by bike and foot traffic. Rode 17 miles of some easy spinning till the final 4 miles or so where I cranked out some uppper moderate speeds. Around 17mph or so.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The ride continued for a half mile or so of singele track
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


till I broke out onto Mattapoisette Neck Rd. It was ok but I decided to get to the center of the village.

The first thing to catch my eye was this old bike in front of a cute little bungalow.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I took a ride to Neds Point Light
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the return trip I cut back to Perle St. to get a photo of Todds former home. None of his roomies were out and about so I took the picture and moved on.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The ride finished via the back country route of Acushnet Rd. to New Boston Rd. and back to Hamlet Homes.

I want to ride home from work tomorrow. It's a 30+ miler of mostly back country roads. However my rear wheel is acting up. So.....in the AM I will drop by Travers bike shop in Taunton and see if they can take care of me by 2:30. I'll give them props here if things work out.

No comments: