Friday, July 29, 2005

The Middle Ten

The ride from home to work is around 31 miles. I do the last 10 quite a bit when I leave my car near the mall and commute the roads of Taunton. The first 10 is a pretty good ride through the country roads of Acushnet and Rochester. It's the middle ten that I was unsure.
Today I drove to the Galleria mall after work and biked from there to exit 8 off rt140. I took a little bit of a different route returning that eliminated a couple of good sized hills. The 60 miler I want to do should not be bad at all, and will take a lot less time than I thought.

This ride took me from Taunton through Lakeville to Freetown.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Saw this neat little jalopy whose owner was looking at campers the size of buses.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I almost stopped at a seafood hut near a lake in Freetown but thought better of it. After that I couln't shake the feeling of wanting to eat. I did stop at a little place near Apponequet High School for a hot dog and some iced tea.

There was a pretty country gift shop on the way that deserved a picture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


The ride was not at all long enough but I needed to get home to take the dogs and wife for a walk. Alas back to the car and the end of a new and good ride route.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: