Thursday, July 28, 2005

I really wanted to ride

I really wanted to ride to work this morning, but again I couldn't get my head off the pillow at 5AM. I was determined to ride after work but a very tough day and a 45 minute commute didn't do anything in the way of encouragement. By the time I got home I was thinking of not riding. While changing into my riding duds I began to perk up, and by the time I was on the bike everything was fine. I did a 26 miler and had a great time, stopping quite a few times to take pictures. I found that if I take them while riding they usually come out blurry. Sometimes I see a possibility and ride right by it. I keep thinking about it and eventually turn back and snap the shot. Naturally the one I was most excited about today came out lousy, twice. I'll get another try at it though.

One other thing I noticed is that if I set a theme for picture taking I can get better photos. More focused I presume.

Todays ride took me out the country roads of Acushnet and Rochester.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


One of the first places that caught my eye was the Friends Cemetary. Some of the guests were burried in the 1700's

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Many of the gravestones are so old they are unreadable. But they are still very cool and unique.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I had the roads pretty much to my self this evening, as happens many times out here. While riding I often think of a couple of people I got to know who are doing bike touring. Their pictures and mine almost look like the same area even though they are half a continent away from each other.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Notice how New England ish the homes are out here. Many are small bungalows, very quaint and most have lots of land. Some seem unkept but that can add to the flavor.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Near the end of the ride I saw a weather front moving in. I don't know what it was bringing but a change was obvious.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: