Saturday, October 29, 2005

Rain, Snow Cold and Windy




That’s the forcast for tonight’s game. The Revs lost 1-0 on the away leg last week and now must win by two tonight to advance. The hated NY Metros fans will be bused in for the match. Busing into Boston. Now there is irony. My co-worker who is from the Ivory Coast, Africa, is wearing the LL Bean catalog to the game. He will probably still shiver.


A big win tonight and another next weekend will make my trip to Dallas much more enjoyable. Also if you are in the market for a weight loss plan, all you need to do is become a fanatical fan of a team in the playoffs. The stress level is so high, you don' t eat for days. But the AA meeting are Mondays at the Lutheran Church in Fairhaven.


I am working today. (gee??) But I will be leaving from here to the tailgate with the supporters group Midnight Riders



The changing of the clocks will allow an extra hour to recover (from the long drive. I know what you were thinking). Especially if we manage to get the two goal advantage.


Setting the clocks back an hour will also allow bike commuting to re-commence. Although it may be dusk or dark on the commute home, evening drivers are more aware. Morning commute is where I see people driving into things and off the roads. Between, drinking coffee, talking on the phones and applying makeup, it’s inevitable.


I am considered by some to be a hazzard on the highway. To save gas and money, I drive 55mph for the first thirty miles of my commute, before doing the last 10 miles by bike.


Last year I averaged 72 mph and got around 30 miles to the gallon. I slowed to 60 and it rose to 36. At 55, my Pontiac Vibe gets 39 mpg. It is our patriotic duty to save as much gas, and put as little poisons into the air as possible. Besides, spending $20 to fill the tank really irks me every time I have to do it. (dam price gouging oil barons and their politician apeasers).


Go you ....Revs

No comments: