Thursday, July 07, 2005

When it Rains. Make Lemonade

Close enough.

The weather has not been conducive to riding. Rain, wind and temperature keep most off the road. Meaning I am riding alone.

I have trying to see how my surrogate traveler "chickenlips999" is doing on his Trans Am ride. His web and the host "crazyguyonabike.com" has been down for over a week.

This morning I really had a difficult time getting motivated. Played an hour of good hard racquetball last night. Legs were sore and it took a while to loosen up enough to get a decent spin going. Mix that in with a face full of wind, and the average speed was down for the morning commute.


I can't shake the worry over my car. When I left it in the parking lot this morning, there was a young man in his early 20's sitting in his car having a coffee. I am hoping and chanced that he was waiting for someone and on his way to work. We'll know at 5:30 when I get back there.

Nothing worth capturing on film this morning and probably the same tonight. I am counting on a worst case of light rain for the trip out. Last time I took this chance I had to sit around the office for two hours while severe weather passed through the area.

Fat chance of riding tomorrow or Saturday, so the mileage for the week will be low. Maybe next week I'll get a couple of long distance rides. Till then.

Adios

No comments: